By definition, a Tornado Warning is an alert by the National Weather Service confirming a tornado sighting and location. The Weather Service will announce the approximate time of detection and direction of movement. Wind will be 75 MPH or greater.
In the event of a Tornado
A Public warning will come over radio or TV. Property Management will also attempt to notify tenants via in-person, telephone, cell-phone and/or email.
Please take the following action:
- Get away from perimeter of the building and exterior glass.
- If you have an office located on an exterior wall, leave the office and close the door.
- Go to the central corridor of the building.
- Sit down in corridor and protect yourself by putting head as close to your lap as possible or kneel protecting your head.
If you are caught in an outside office
- Seek protection under a desk.
- Building emergency personnel will arrive with help as soon as possible.